The Active Living Coalition is part of the Athmar Park Neighborhood Association and is a group of community members and partners committed to improving public health by promoting and improving the conditions for walking, biking and wheelchair-rolling.
What are the goals of the Athmar Park Active Living Coalition?
The Athmar Park Neighborhood Association is seeking a skilled professional to serve as a Community Connector. This position will require some non-traditional hours and the ability to talk with anyone about their community, about their aspirations and about opportunities to build a more walkable, bikeable and livable community. Athmar Park is seeking someone with an interest in neighborhood conditions; passion for community and the capacity to interact with community members of all backgrounds, specifically the Hispanic and Latino community.This is a Part-Time position, 20 hours per week, working some weekends and evenings.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Engage, recruit, and retain community members to participate in the Active Living Coaliton through door-to-door canvassing in the Athmar Park neighborhood and attending community events.
2. Thoroughly and consistently document each interaction with community members.
3. Work with the Program Manager to schedule, facilitate and document meetings and events.
4. Represent the Athmar Park Active Living Coalition at community events, conferences, tabling sessions, and more, sharing Active Living Coalition events, programs, and service information with the community.
5. Translate outreach materials into Spanish and interpret Spanish at meetings and events.
6. Assist in data collection and project evaluation.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbent may be to perform other job-related tasks not specifically presented in this job description.
Application Instructions HERE.
Get Lucky District 7 news, upcoming events, opportunities & job postings, city-wide updates & more in your email inbox monthly.